Kim Ledger, father of the late Oscar-winning actor Heath ledger, has been involved in efforts to increase awareness about the dangers of prescription drug abuse since his son’s death in August 2008.
Heath Ledger died of an overdose in August 2008 after consuming a lethal cocktail of six different prescription medications.
1. EDUCATE yourself and those around you.
2. SPEAK to your doctor or pharmacist about the potential dangers and risks of misusing certain prescription medications.
3. DISPOSE unused and expired medications. More information available here http://www.returnmed.com.au
4. GET HELP if you and/or a family member is at risk of prescription medication misuse. More information here http://www.scriptwise.org.au/get-supportAdd your name to this call for change
ScriptWise aims to raise awareness on prescription medication misuse and overdose in Australia.
Our goal is to minimise the number of Australians misusing prescription medications and to prevent further overdose deaths linked to prescription medications.
The Government can no longer ignore these calls for a solution. Please add your voice to the movement.